Fatal Exposure: Tragedy at DuPont
- Course Format
- Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 14 to 20 minutes
- Video Format
- Standard Definition Wide
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Chemical Safety Board
This video educates those working in a chemical plant about the tragedy at the DuPont Belle plant, and why they should take safety procedures seriously.
This video analyzes the incident and the events leading up to it. Viewers learn how to prevent such disasters by learning about the mistakes that caused the DuPont tragedy.
Use this video to educate employees about the dangers of not following proper safety procedures. Employees who understand the importance of safety procedures are more likely to follow them. This course helps provide awareness of hazards, and helps employees gain a greater appreciation for the need to follow safety procedures.
All employees working in a chemical plant or similar environment
- Incident Analysis
- Technical Analysis
- Safety Culture
- Industry Standards and Recommendations
Advocate (support) the need for an improved safety culture at the DuPont Belle factory based on the fatal exposure to a highly toxic gas.
- Identify NFPA safeguards which CSB recommended to OSHA and other organizations.
- Acknowledge that DuPont's strong safety culture could still be improved upon.
- Agree to report any unsafe workplace conditions or practices.