Hazard Communication: The GHS and You
- Course Format
- Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 15 to 25 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Educational Resources, Inc. (Safety)
This course introduces and thoroughly explains the guidelines developed by OSHA in the Hazard Communication Standard. In particular, it talks about the Hazard Communication Program (Hazcom) based off OSHA regulation 1910.1200.
Using the Globally Harmonized System, or GHS, which applies to chemical manufacturers and importers, it explains container labels and signal words, hazard and precautionary statements, physical hazard pictograms, health and environmental pictograms, safety data sheets and the written hazard communication program.
Use this course among your workplace to foster a greater understanding of the communication regarding potentially hazardous chemicals in order to keep everyone at your workplace safe.
This course is specifically geared toward those who work with or in the presence of hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Hazard Communication and the GHS
- Container Labels and Signal Words
- Hazard and Precautionary Statements
- Physical Hazard Pictograms
- Health and Environmental Pictograms
- Safety Data Sheets
- The Written Hazard Communication Program