Microsoft Word 2013: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
- Course Format
- Video On Demand
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 46 to 59 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- Sonic Performance Support GmbH
This video-based training demonstrates how to make Microsoft Word 2013 documents visually attractive and more readable. It explains how to apply character formatting using the font options and format painter tool and demonstrates how to set tabs, use the tabs dialog box to control the alignment of text, display paragraph markers, and show and use the ruler. This video also shows how to apply formatting to list items, such as bullet points or numbered text entries and sub-entries, and control their spacing and appearance. Paragraph formatting, such as alignment, line spacing, and paragraph indentation options are demonstrated in the video. How to create borders and shading with just a few mouse clicks is explained.
Creating styles for a document saves time when applying formatting. The training program shows how to use the existing styles built into Word 2013, as well as how to modify them and apply them to the document. Finally, the video explains how to clean up a document with inconsistent formatting using the styles pane and the style inspector pane and reveal formatting pane. Following the video, an interactive quiz is available. Even experienced Word users benefit from this course, which highlights new tools to improve the consistency and ease of formatting text.
Microsoft Word 2013 users
- Apply Character Formatting
- Align Text Using Tabs
- Display Text as List Items
- Control Paragraph Layout
- Apply Borders and Shading
- Apply Styles
- Manage Formatting
Apply character formatting.
- Locate the Settings for formatting your font.
- Recall how you can identify the format painter.
Align text using tabs.
- Locate the paragraph formatting feature on the ribbon.
- Recall how to display the ruler.
- Identify the most effective way of aligning information in your document.
Display text as list items.
- Identify where you can make a change to the bullet indents.
- Recall an effective way for prioritizing your bulleted list.
Control paragraph layout.
- Recall when a new paragraph is created in Word.
- Recall how to change paragraph alignment.
Apply borders and shading.
- Identify the feature that allows users to customize text with borders and shading.
- Recall how to customize a heading style.
- Identify the features that allows users to confirm the style being used of a particular section.
- Identify the features that allows users to view comprehensive detail on all the formatting rules that have been applied.