Safe Forklift Operation: To The Point
- Product ID
- Training Time ?
- 12 to 21 minutes
- Video Format
- High Definition
- Required Plugins
- Number of Lessons
- Quiz Questions
- Closed Captioning
- Question Feedback
- Wrong Answer Remediation
- Lesson Bookmarking
- Downloadable Resources
- Interactive Producer
- Mastery Training Content Network
- Original Content Producer
- To The Point Communications, Inc.
This program covers the importance of safe and effective forklift operation and maneuvering to prevent serious accidents or death. According to statistics reported to government inspectors by employers, 100 workers are killed in forklift related accidents every year in the United States, 20,000 workers are seriously injured in forklift related accidents every year in the U.S. and 34,000 injuries are treated in emergency rooms every year due to forklift accidents.
This course covers operator training, the administration of a preoperational inspection, determining the truck’s lifting capacity and a forklift’s combined center of gravity and stability triangle. The second half of the course takes a close look at safe operating techniques for maintaining stability, carefully and safely placing and lifting loads, appropriate and safe driving techniques, and precautions with the loading dock and trailer.
Utilize this course among your employees to ensure safe and effective forklift operation to prevent serious injury or death.
This course is intended for those whose job involves the operation or maintenance of a forklift, or powered industrial truck.
- Operator Training and Certification
- Forklifts Maneuver Differently than Automobiles
- Pre-Operational Inspection
- Determining the Truck's Lifting Capacity
- Combined Center of Gravity and Stability Triangle
- Safe Operating Techniques for Maintaining Stability
- Lifting and Placing Loads
- Safe Driving Techniques
- Loading Dock and Trailer Precautions